Bad News first. Our roof leaked.........Again! Six and a half years ago, we had several leaks fixed and they all held until this last winter storm. Four days of steady rain was just too much. Christmas Eve, we noticed a very foul smell in our bedroom. We saw the wet walls and ceiling. The smell got worse. Day four Dave decided to cut some holes in the wall and see what was happening behind the big wet spots. We moved a couple of dressers and found the carpet was soaked. The telltale sign was the brown outline of the dressers. We pulled the carpet up and found the padding was soaked and even the plywood underneath. Dave cut out the padding and turned a fan on the whole mess. Long story short. The smell finally went away, we have a $3700.00 roof repair to take care of and insurance is paying for new drywall, new paint and new carpet. What a mess!
This is what I look at when I wake up in the morning.
Good News. I have a new pattern almost finished. Well, it is finished. Just some more proof reading needed. Of course, it uses my Stitching Lines! What else is new!! LOL I am calling it Diamond Quilt, because, well, that is what it is!
Hopefully, I will have the pattern up on my website with the next two weeks.
Now on to something new. I have an idea for a new quilt that is mostly Flying Geese. And of course I will use my Stitching Lines.
I am giving this quilt to Amie today. She has two more finished quilts to give me. I already know the quilting will be amazing!