Sunday, April 24, 2011

Enders and Leaders

Happy Easter!
As I was sitting at my computer early this morning and surfing the web, I came across a video from Sunshower Quilt Blog.

I love this idea of sewing a useful shape as an "ender and leader". I usually just use a tiny piece of scrap fabric. This is a great idea. I guess it has been around for awhile, but it is new to me. And since I already have the 2" die for my GO cutter, I guess it is time to open it up and use it.

Of course, you could rotary cut any size square from your leftovers and get a head-start on another project.
I am also thinking of making Half-Square triangles with my Stitching Lines as enders and leaders. I guess any shape could work.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Thanks so much for sharing my blog with your readers!

Candace said...

Wow - what a wonderful eye-opener, Mary! I've been using L & E's for years but then just toss them when they're covered with thread! Even if you don't have a GO it's a way to make 2 quilts at the same time! I love it!
Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...