Thursday, December 8, 2011

Baby Dress For Evie Jo


Last Sunday, I stopped by our local Goodwill shop and found a cute little flippy skirt that had some pretty embroidery at the hem. I should have taken a before picture, but was too eager to start sewing!

After washing it up, I cut off the waistband and ended up with some very pretty fabric for a baby dress


I bought some white eyelet fabric at Joann's and turned it all into a cute little baby dress for Evie Jo


I forgot that pattern sizes run a little larger than ready made, so Evie has to grow a little before this will fit her.

It was fun to get back to my favorite kind of sewing. It's been a long time since I have made any clothes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just precious....and wonderful idea to reuse, repurpose clothing.

Joyful Quilter said...

Aahhhhh, very cute dress and even cuter baby! Aahhhhh.

Carol said...

You'll have to post another pic once Evie wears it!

Christine said...

Adorable. And I love the idea of remaking clothes...

Candace said...

Oh Mary - It's adorable! Evie Jo will look so cute in it when she's ready! I would have never thought to re-purpose something like this! I agree - garment sewing can be so rewarding - especially when it's for your adorable granddaughter!
Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...