Sunday, April 15, 2012

Baby Bird Quilt

I finished up the little birdy quilt and got it added to my Etsy shop. I think it came out very cheery. I especially like the black and white gingham checked binding and the white and black backing fabric. Of course, I also like the top.




I quilted it with a diagonal serpentine stitch. Stitching it that way ensures that I have quilted over each intersection, something I like to do. Knowing this quilt will be washed over and over again, I like the seams to be really secure!



I love that bird print. I just had a little left over from the Spanish Tile quilt I made last year. You can read about my Spanish Tile quilt.

4 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

The gingham binding is really cute, plus the black and white back. Thanks for the quilting tip, I'll remember it the next time I make a baby quilt.

Candace said...

It's adorable, Mary! I just love the gingham check border, too! I see checks popping up all over these days!
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Fun quilt!!

pipp5 said...

Love that bird fabric, especially with the Spanish Tile blocks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...