Monday, January 21, 2013

Scrappy Trip Quilt

I think it is time for a new post! I got bitten by the Scrappy Trip bug. 
These blocks are addicting and so easy. 
After I got all these blocks sewn, put up on the wall and stood back, I could see something was missing.


Almost all the colors were cool. I needed to warm it up a bit.
So I am adding more blocks with some yellow.
 I think it gives it a little more interest.
Also, I can see that I need more darks.

I will switch out some blocks with the new ones and move them all around. 

I wish this used up more scraps. My stash never seems to dwindle. What's up with that. Even if I make this queen size, I don't think I will see a dent.

One thing I found out about this pattern by Bonnie Hunter (link here), was that the seams don't always mesh together nicely. Even Bonnie says you may need to repress or unstitch and adjust direction of seams. That I don't like to do. Her method for putting together the block is great. My only change was the final pressing. Those seams, I pressed open. Then I can match up a seam pressed in one direction with a seam pressed open. Less bulk for me.


I am already thinking of other color combinations I might use. like I say, this is addicting.

2 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

I like the cool colors. So far I've resisted joining the scrappy trip bug, but its been difficult, I like every quilt I've seen.

Candace said...

Wowee - that is a lot of little scraps, Mary, but so darned cute! I can see why it is addicting!
Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...