Tuesday, October 14, 2008


I have been very busy making a Queen size Native Star. I have just one more lattice to sew and I will be finished. This is one part of quiltmaking that seems to drag on for me. I love picking the fabric and making the blocks, even sewing the blocks into rows. It's just that last part, sewing the rows together that I have to force myself to finish. And it is probably the easiest part. Who knows why. We all have our silly quirks.
I am doing some last minute changes to the pattern. I added a pillowcase pattern, as there are several half-square triangles left over with the bed size quilts. That seemed like a very appropriate way to use them up.
The quilt for the Hoffman Booth is finished. I need to print up some flyers and then I will drive that up to Hoffmans so that they will have it to hang at Quilt Market.
Rosie Gonzales of Rosie's Calico Cupboard in El Cajon, and I have been emailing back and forth. She will be interviewing me for a podcast on November 12th. That's kind of scary and exciting at the same time. I also will be teaching in her shop, although we haven't settled on a date. I think I will teach Blooming Stardust.
I can't wait to start on my next pattern. I haven't come up with a name, naturally. That is almost always the last thing. But I am excited about the new design. A preview will be up shortly!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...