Saturday, October 18, 2008

Houston, You Have a New Quilt


Yesterday, I delivered my Native Star to Hoffman Fabrics for them to hang in their booth at Houston. I am hoping Andy, my son and webmaster will get the new pattern up on my website real soon.
I actually started on a UFO yesterday. Years ago, when I was writing my first book Primrose, I started several quilts that I never finished. I just got really tired of making the same ones over and over. My contract with Quiltsmart said I had to make about 7 or 8 quilts for the book. And I started a whole lot more than that. Anyway, I pulled out a Worms on Parade. It was probably about one fourth done. It's a good quilt for a child and who knows......maybe someday I will have grandchildren. That's not a hint, Carol!!!!
This is also good way to add to my available fabric stash. Of course, I have always bought a little extra fabric for each project. When I finish, the extra goes into a usable stash catagory. OOOOOOOh, that sounds like I am organized! Fooled you!! So, when I actually do finish this worm quilt, there will be some more little scraps to play with. That's as good a reason as any to finish a UFO.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your website & your blog today...your patterns are just gorgeous, and your fabric choices wonderful! I love that you show different color choices for your patterns. The Native Star is beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...