Saturday, October 24, 2009

Quilts From Demo Half-Square Triangles

I have been having a lot of fun these last couple of weeks making small size quilts.
As many of you know, at the quilt shows I go to, I sit and demonstrate my Stitching Lines ALL DAY LONG. So, now I come home, divide up the colors and have started sewing them into quilts. I just can't stand the thought of tossing all those half-square triangles away.
Below is what I finished up this morning.
I started out with a very different fabric for the stripe, but it was boring.
I found this beautiful leaf print on my shelf and it was perfect.
I had been saving it for just the right project.
Don't you just love it when your stash gets used up?





A couple rows of half-square triangles doesn't even start to use up my
ever growing pile of squares!


I quilted it with a simple built-in serpentine stitch on my domestic machine.
I still can't get to my quilting frame.
(A very messy offspring is occupying that room at the moment)!


I did have to buy some new fabric for the backing. I think this fabric is perfect.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Wow - this is one gorgeous quilt, Mary!
Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...