Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hancocks of Paducah and Worms on Parade

In my quest to finish up some UFOs, I found another almost finished lap quilt. It is called Worms on Parade and is from my book Primrose. All I needed to do was add the border.

Unfortunately this quilt is not showing up very well in the photos. It really is very cute.

I bought all this fabric when I was in Paducah one year working for Quilt in a Day. Our favorite side trip (I should say our only side trip) was to Hancocks of Paducah. Some years we would shop there 2 or 3 times. We always arrived in Paducah several days before the main show started, in order to set up the Quilt in a Day shop (which got bigger every year). My boss Orion, would usually give us one afternoon off when we first got there so that he could empty the gargantuan truck without a bunch of ladies telling him what to do. And we were happy to leave! And then of course, we would hit Hancocks after dinner many a night. No matter how tired we were, (and we were very tired) it seems there was always time to shop for fabric. Luckily, we were able to ship everything back on the QIAD truck, otherwise we would have been buying more luggage!
As years passed, Quilt in a Day started selling just as much fabric as Hancocks at a wonderfully reduced price. We went to Hancocks fewer times after that.


I also finished up my Dogwood quilt. Both of these quilts, Worms on Parade and Dogwood use the Primrose fusible.


1 comment:

Candace said...

Mary, you come up with some of the best ideas for quilts! I think the worms are so cute - and I love the Dogwoods!
Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...