Wednesday, August 19, 2009


Yesterday, I pulled out this UFO. I hadn't worked on it for maybe 7 or 8 years. I had offered the design to Quiltsmart, since it used a fusible that I had designed for them. No interest there at all. I think because I also used a heat-n-bond type fusible along with their fusible in the construction. They probably weren't liking that.
All the background blocks had been sewn and the appliques were all fused into place just waiting for me to come back and take an interest in it again. I used my Primrose pre-printed fusible to make the flower petals. So, I zig-zagged all the petals down with monofilament thread and sewed the blocks into rows. Then I did something I have never done before. I made yo-yos for the flower centers. They were so easy to make using the Clover yo-yo maker. I am adding 1-1/2" wide blocks all around as an inner border. I had plenty of blocks left over that I could use, just trimmed them down to size. In the picture, I have one side of inner border. I already had the border fabric, so this is close to done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...