Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A Sleepless Night in My House

It's late, after midnight, and once again I can't sleep. I guess I can't stop thinking about my next quilt show and the new booth layout that I hope to have.

Since I started demonstrating my Stitching Lines at the shows, I have been unhappy about sitting at a low table and having to look so far up at all my customers. So I decided to raise my table up about 6 inches with bed risers. Now that meant buying new skinnier tables that had straight legs. I have bought one and still have one more table to buy. And with that, I needed taller chairs than those supplied by the quilt shows. Ikea had folding chairs that will work, I hope, and not be too uncomfortable on the backside. Plus, I don't want to have to depend on someone else helping me out all the time, so I needed to get my cash register closer to my sewing machine. I also wanted to hang my patterns on hooks and get them off the table. I found the free standing grid I wanted today, so I won't be needing the standard table that the shows always supply.

As I was laying in bed, I was thinking of which quilts to hang and where. Does all this need to be decided now, in the middle of the night? I think not!

These are the ramblings of one wide-eyed quilter at half-past 12. I apologize!

1 comment:

Candace said...

Don't know about you, Mary, but that's how I do some of my best thinking!
Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...