Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Quilt Show and Half-Square Triangles


The quilt show was a bust! It was like throwing a party and nobody came. The vendors were disappointed. The guild was disappointed. And the quilter's missed out. Too bad. There were lots of beautiful quilts to see and lots of fun stuff to buy. With such poor attendance, I was lucky to eek out a small profit. Always better than a loss! Oh well, three weeks to my next show and it's in town. No long distances to travel. Even better!
Remember how I told you that I demonstrated my Stitching Lines at the quilt show. I have made enough half-square triangles to last me a lifetime. And I finally got some of them sewed into a lap quilt. The quilt has 54o half-square triangles, and I haven't even started to scrape the bottom of the barrel. It is 20 HSTs x 27 HSTs.



Time to start sewing some more together!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The quilts are amazing. love the colour combinations.

Candace said...

So sorry about the show, Mary - but at least you had some serious sewing time ;>)
Cheers!

*karendianne. said...

Gosh, sorry now one came but I was using my stitching lines this weekend. LOVE THEM! I shared that one my blog although I didn't take good photos like Candace did when she talked about them. They're so great. Again, no consolation for the bummer show though. :<

Kami said...

Hi Mary,

Mom dropped off the stitching lines for me this weekend. I can't wait to try them out. I'm not nearly as ambitious as your beautiful quilt, though. I love the colors--great use for your time at a poorly attended show.

Kami

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...